Welcome to our World!

Come on in - set a spell - have some tea - leave a note

The Brain Behind the Words

The Brain Behind the Words
All Mine!!!

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

But mom!!!! I'm hungry!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just before Arkeo's surgery we had lowered her Prednisone to 10 mg and her appetite had decreased and she lost 3 pounds. So after surgery, Doc Jen put it back up to 20 mg for a few weeks and said when we lower it we won't make such a big jump down to 10mg - maybe go half way to 15 mg because Arkeo "is such a sensitive girl." Yeah right. So now I have a raving hungry adolescent on my hands. She is eating me out of house and home. If you have ever lived with an adolescent male you will know what I mean. We use to say about my little brother that he only ate one meal all day long.

When Arkeo is hungry she comes to see me and boy is she vocal about it. And it doesn't matter what time of day or night.  "I'm hungry mom. Feed me!!!" Now.

We are an instant society. Even our animals have benefited. They no longer have to go out and catch their food. Neither do we. We buy ours in little packets ready to eat in 5 minutes or less. Wait in a line? If there are more than two or three people in front of us we start counting the number of items they have in their carts.Can't wait for regular mail? Just overnight everything.

But not all things come in an instant. It still takes 63 days to grow a puppy and 9 months to develop a human child. But we get impatient in our relations with others or when we're training our dogs if people don't know us immediately ("well he should have known I didn't like that color") or if our dogs don't work like little robots and catch on to a new command or trick immediately ("I know they are just being stubborn. She could do it if she wanted to!)

I wonder how often God has said that about us? How often did Israel go back to worshipping false gods yet God never said, "You're not doing this fast enough. Haven't you learned this lesson yet?" "I'll go find me another people." Yet many dogs are returned to the shelter because they haven't learned fast enough. Aren't we lucky that our God has a better track record as a trainer than most humans do.

So eventual Arkeo will learn to eat at "normal" times but I guess God has spoiled me in this case. Everytime I turn to God for a word of encouragement or some nurture or feeding - in some way or another, God has provided that for me - through a friend, a word of Scripture, some music, sometimes even a stranger - but always the spiritual food has been there.  So I guess I can do no less for my furry kid. As long as I hear that cry for food - I will try to be as faithful as my Provider and provide.

Speaking of which - a certain German Shepherd is calling. So until later take care and keep all four paws on the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment