Welcome to our World!

Come on in - set a spell - have some tea - leave a note

The Brain Behind the Words

The Brain Behind the Words
All Mine!!!

Friday, March 19, 2010

From Whence Comes Joy

As I watch Rev Keo thoroughly enjoy her fish head out in the snow, I realize how little it takes to bring her joy. Sometimes it is just a matter of me picking up the leash and saying "lrt's go."

We, humans are such demanding creatures. We want and we want and we want.

Having lived with a chronic illness for over ten years now, my definition of joy has changed over the years. Some mornings it is simply that I hurt less than I did the day before. But because my life has been aranged by necissity to focus on more basic things at times, I find joy in seemingly small things (at least to other people). Being able to fill up the dogs wate bowl without spilling it all over the floor. Still being able to play a fairly intricate series of chord changes on the guitar.

But I guess my greatest joy still comes from the communication I have with Cherokee, Ruach and Arkeo especially when I am trying to teach them something and the lightbulb goes on and it just clicks. And then we dance and run around and act like fools and pretend that we have found the great treasure - for in reality, insn't new knowledge the greatest treasure and joy and joy of all. And then they wag their tails and I would, too. And we rejoice that we all are wonderfully made creatures of God.

They don't know why I want them to do the silly tricks I make them do, but they know it makes me happy and so that satisfies them. And from this comes our joy. Wouldn't it be wonderful if this were the way of the rest of the world. See you around the kennel.

No comments:

Post a Comment