Welcome to our World!

Come on in - set a spell - have some tea - leave a note

The Brain Behind the Words

The Brain Behind the Words
All Mine!!!

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Time to praise the Lord

It's been a long, long week. First we go and visit this man that has very gentle hands and he pets me and stretches out my legs and then WHAM he moves my back or my neck and I feel a pop or a snap and it's like "what just happened here?" I turn around real quick to see who got me and there is this real kind and gentle man just smiling at me. Mom says he's suppose to be making my back feel better and you know, I guess in the long run he does, but boy its quite an experience.

And then when mom laid down on his table - well I just didn't trust that so I went and sat right close to her head and stuck my nose in her ear to let her know that I was there just in case he tried anything funny with her. But she seem to know what was coming and didn't seem to mind all the snapping and cracking. I wish someone had warned me. I'll be watching out for this guy next time.

Then came the snow and it was so much fun and we got to have fishheads to eat and snow to run and roll in. Too bad mom has to shovel it.

We've been learning all sorts of new things. We know how to make a circle around mom to keep people away so they won't knock her over. Mom's been teaching us in different ways that makes us need to think more often. It's good to make us think - otherwise we have a tendancy to get lazy and take things for granted.

But because of the snow we didn't get to go to church on Wednesday. That was a bummer. We like going being with our church family and though we don't always understand what Pastor Patti has to say she seems to make other people happy. We like it best whem mom and I get to play guitar and help people howl along.

That's why tomorrow is important. Once a week we get all spiffied up and go to church and listen to lots of words and get up and sit down and sometimes give people something to eat. But the most important thing we do is make people smile - especially the kids. People bend over and ask to pet us and the kids come up and wrap their arms around us and tickle our tummy (which feels so good) but all the while they are smiling and that's the important thing because then they are thinking about good things and thinking about the One who made those good things and thanking God for those good things even if its just the wag of a puppy's tail and the slurp of a puppy's tongue.

So I get sleep while I can while everybody else is yakking and listening cause when we're on the move - then it's my time to work and it's time to praise the Lord. See you around the kennel.

No comments:

Post a Comment