Welcome to our World!

Come on in - set a spell - have some tea - leave a note

The Brain Behind the Words

The Brain Behind the Words
All Mine!!!

Friday, March 5, 2010

New Rules

We're going to an AKC (American Kennel Club) judges seminar tomorrow to find out what all the new rules are for Rally and Obedience. For some strange reason mom like knowing what the rules are all the time. I say live and let live. Give me a good bone and a nice comfy couch or bed to lay on and I am good for life. A few squirrels to chase every now and then are good, too.

But for some reason, mom thinks its a good idea to know and follow rules. She says it keeps us out of trouble. Well I can attest to what it's like when you don't know the rules. It can get confusing. That older sister of mine, Ruach. Sometimes she wants to play and sometimes she doesn't. Sometimes I can steal her bone and sometimes - man - does she get snarly and grouchy about it. Every have a full grown GSD's gleaming white teeth in your face? You back down real fast (and then steal it when she's not looking.) But it does get confusing not knowing what side of the crate she's going to have woken up on.

So I guess some rules are good, just as long as we don't get hung up on always doing everything by the book. After all, life isn't one big obedience class. But I'll be a good Service Dog and go along and lay on my blanket and chew on my bone and let everyone say how cute I am. Then mom will let them pet me and I'm glad that's one rule she does allow us to break.

Well, we'll tell you what the seminar was like later. Be good. We'll see you around the kennel.

No comments:

Post a Comment